Pole Creek Ladies Golf – Putts and Chip-Ins
Putts and Chip-In Information
Putt/Chip-ins competition has been simplified. In order to keep it simple, keep the committee out of the Clubhouse as much as possible, and to not handle money and paperwork, here’s what we’ve decided.
- As part of your membership application, you will choose “putt/chip in pot”. You will contribute a $20 flat fee for the thrill of competing in both Putt/Chip-ins. This covers all games except match play days, club championship or some special events. The pots will be determined by the number of participants that sign up at the beginning of the year.
- If you ‘pick up’ and opt out of the game, you are out of the putt/chip in pots for that week. Remember, if you’re out, you’re out.
- After play, it will be each foursome’s responsibility to have one designated player e-mail or text Nancy Carmack firstname.lastname@example.org/256.479.5280 with results of Putt/Chip-ins for EACH player in the foursome who is signed up to play the Putt/Chip-ins competition. Please text or email the results that day before leaving the course. If the numbers are not turned in, everyone in the foursome is out of the game for chips and putts. Nancy will keep a record of weekly winners and earnings.
- Here comes the joy in this for you! You’ll be identified in our weekly winners’ email and on the website.
- Prize money will be paid for the season to you at the Club Championship Luncheon.
- First, second, and third places are paid out from the pot, including ties. This is handled on a point system weekly.
- If ANY part of your ball is on the putting surface, then it counts as a putt.
It does not matter what club you use so long as NO part of your ball is on the green.
The total dollars collected are divided by the number of weeks eligible for chip-in competition. This determines the weekly ‘pot’ amount.
Total dollars in the weekly ‘pot’ are divided by the number of chip-ins THAT WEEK to get the amount to be paid to the winner(s) for that week.
If there are no chip-ins, the ‘pot’ for ALL the other weeks increases.